Windows Systems Administrator
The Windows Systems Administrator will be responsible for all Windows servers and manage system tasks including troubleshooting, backup and recovery, performance tuning, domain testing, system updates and others.
- Administer the Active Directory including Users & Accounts, Group Policies, Directory Schema, Sites & Services, Domains & Trusts and Scripts
- Administer Exchange 2007 Databases and Mailboxes. Involves moving Data Stores, Restoring Databases, Troubleshooting serious problems, Improving Disk IOPS and other related tasks
- Responsible for all Windows Servers by performing duties involving: Backup and Recovery, Performance, Organization, Upgrades, and Security
- Manage, build and troubleshoot Windows Clusters, SCSI Raid Arrays & Controllers
- Manage additional Microsoft services such as WSUS, RIS, DHCP, DNS, ISA, IIS, DFS, CA, WDS, and others
- Provide top tier technical assistance to support staff
- Create documentation for support staff, outlining procedures and best practices when dealing with Active Directory and other servers
- Construct and roll out upgrades and improvements to Windows Systems.
- Create test systems that represent production for testing domain changes and performance tuning. Keep these environments up to date
- Additional projects as required
- 3 to 4 years experience in a Windows Administration role
- Solid understanding of MS Windows 2003/2008 Server, Active Directory, Exchange 2007/2010, Blackberry Enterprise Server 5.0, LDAP, RAID Arrays and Controllers, Windows Clusters, etc.
- Integration of services in a multi-platform environment, including Linux and Mac OS X
- TCP/IP and associated services (e.g., DNS, DHCP, WINS)
- Additional Windows Services (WSUS, RIS, ISA, IIS, EFS, DFS, CA, WDS)
- Apache or IIS web servers
- PC hardware
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work some weekend and evening shifts
- Related education/certification