QA Automation Developer
The QA Automation Developer is a key member of the Automated QA Group responsible for the development of automated testing services, both functional and non functional for various projects in the overall release pipeline. This person is expected to work in collaboration with the QA Manager, the QA Technical Lead as well as the Development Lead to provide a high standard of automated testing services to ensure that our software products demonstrate the quality and polish the company stands for.
- To develop, enhance and maintain well formed and scalable test frameworks for various functional and non functional stages of the software development lifecycle
- To work closely with the Development Leads & Architects to define the load & performance testing requirements.
- To work with the team in the development of testing tools, utilities or applications to improve the efficiency of the QA group
- To work with QA Tech Lead and the QA Manager in the provision of automated testing services for projects in the pipeline
- To develop, enhance and maintain high value test scripts for various functional and non functional testing
- To interact with other members of the global QA function as well as with numerous disciplines within the business to the professional standard expected by the QA function
- To work closely within the team towards the continual improvement of the automation capabilities provided by the group
- At least 2 years of hands-on Java development experience.
- A deep understanding of the HTTP protocol (Request methods, Response codes, etc.)
- Experience with version control systems (SVN, CSV, etc.)
- Ability to work both collaboratively and with limited supervision
- Excellent soft skills such as reporting, communication etc.
- Experience in consistently delivering against agreed timelines
- Excellent problem solving skills and good attention to detail
- Experience in designing and implementing automated test assets across complex, cross browser based applications is an advantage.
- Experience with of functional testing tools such as Selenium, Web services, J-meter is an advantage.
- Experience with non functional testing tools such as WebLoad, NeoLoad is an advantage.
- Bachelors degree in related discipline (Computer Science, Information Systems etc)