The Purchasing Manager shall negotiate the facilities and materials services requirements of the companies within scope. The commodities and services covered will include: Logistics, HR and Operations Service Contracts, Marketing/CS Service Requirements, IT Hardware/Software, Telecommunications, Travel and Hotel Requirements, Relocation, Facilities, Supplies and others.
The Purchasing Manager will partner with key stakeholders in the operating units, ensuring that purchasing requirements are appropriately prioritized and delivered on-time, in full and at optimal cost. The Purchasing Manager shall lead a team of 3 (including the Purchasing Officer), providing leadership and talent development opportunities to the team.
- Liaise with key operating units to understand purchasing requirements
- Negotiate favorable commercial terms that result in lowest cost and fastest delivery
- Consolidate and leverage common purchases across sites to achieve lower overall cost
- Identify and execute opportunities for cost savings and cashflow enhancement through supplier negotiations, lease vs buy decisions etc
- At least 2 years’ prior experience in a Purchasing role, with a proven track record of delivering cost savings, strong commercial negotiation skills, and background in logistics and supply chain
- Preferably with experience in the IT or technology industries
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and ability to work cross-culturally
- Excellent oral and written communication skills