The PHP Developer’s role is to implement web-based solutions with a particular emphasis on developing for and maintaining Drupal systems.
- Support the business in maintaining dynamic web sites.
- Participate in creative brainstorming
- Research user requirements through discussions with key stakeholders.
- Produce prototypes to communicate user interactions and design ideas.
- Validate designs with customers.
- Work with the Software Development team to ensure correct implementation of designs.
- Apply user interaction principles, helping the end users meet their goals
- Maintain a good understanding of target audience and industry UI trends
- Three to five years experience developing PHP Web-based applications.
- Experience of using PHP based frameworks such as Zend, CodeIgniter or Symfony.
- In-depth experience of using Drupal/CMS to build Dynamic Websites
- Excellent knowledge of Drupal CCK (Content Creation Kit) and themes.
- Experience creating custom Drupal modules
- Knowledge of Caching Technologies like Memcache or Varnish advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to debug front-end and server side applications.
- Strong understanding of the SDLC
- Good understanding of software design principles
- Good understanding of PHP and Apache deployment/configuration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of version control tools (e.g., CVS / SVN).
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both collaboratively and with limited supervision.
- University degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong English skills (verbal and written).