You will form part of a talented team of Software Developers with a multitude of skills. You must be proactive, smart, customer-focused and technical and have a passion for troubleshooting and solving problems. Working with cutting-edge technologies (both open-source and proprietary) you will be responsible for developing service oriented middle-tier software to best achieve business needs.
- Develop high quality, maintainable and scalable solutions
- Write, maintain and document unit and integration tests
- Document new and modified functionality
- Maintain good code quality and ensure that the development standards are adhered to through periodic analysis and review of the code produced by your peers.
- Work closely with Technical Leads and Architects to promote great software design and quality
- And anything else we throw on your desk!
- Significant years of recently-established commercial, J2EE experience
- Experience using Spring IOC, Spring MVC, Hibernate, JPA, AOP, XML
- Experience with Java build tools (Maven or Ant) as well version control systems (SVN, CSV, etc.)
- Experience with unit testing frameworks (JUnit) and unit testing practices.
- Experience with web application servers (JBoss, Tomcat, Jetty, GlassFish etc.)
- Familiar with database development
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and with limited supervision
- Understanding of Agile software development principles
- Experience with high performance, high availability systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge of current trends in Java / awareness of popular open source projects
- Spring Integration experience is a plus