Chief Marketing Officer
The Chief Marketing Officer will serve as key advisor to the Executive Team on future marketing initiatives and help define strategy, develop and execute global marketing programs and ensure profitable growth and expansion for our organization. This person must be a senior marketing professional who has strong leadership experience with multi-channel marketing, branding, PR, sales and marketing communication teams on a global scope, within a strong international e-commerce brand.
- Develop and deliver a global marketing strategy and drive our organization’s marketing plan forward to maximize business benefit
- Build, lead and manage a global marketing department effectively across multiple locations and time zones
- Provide marketing leadership and have the ability to engage effectively with stakeholders across the organisation and work closely to understand requirements and provide strategic direction
- Define, execute and communicate our organization’s “identity” and guide the transformation of our brand and positioning in the market place
- Analyze market trends and growth opportunities, keeping up to date on changes to legislations in new and emerging markets and develop strategies to enter those markets
- Act as the marketing evangelist for our organization both internally and externally to increase brand awareness and ensure the corporate communication strategy is consistent in PR and marketing communications
- Lead the global creative direction for the brand
- Manage a global marketing budget – ensure the budget is created accordingly to the marketing plan and adhered to during implementation
- Develop ROI targets and work with other key members of the organisation to set those targets and agree the best marketing initiatives to deliver on them
- Build strong global teams across marketing departments– implement processes and structure into those teams to create career success
- Provide support to team members in developing their skills and competencies
- Conduct performance reviews for team members
- 10-15 years experience in overseeing and managing different areas related to the marketing functions including acquisition, retention, product development, PR, sponsorship, digital, VIP and brand
- Degree educated in a marketing discipline and ideally an MBA
- Proven experience in motivating teams to deliver through effective management and leadership on a global scope – excellent communications skills are a must
- Experience in managing large marketing budgets
- Strong consultative, relationship building, interpersonal and influencing skills in dealing with all levels of management is essential
- Collaborative team player that is able to build consensus and is comfortable operating within a fast paced, entrepreneurial organisation
- Unquestionable integrity, with high professional standards and a strong work ethic.
- Firmness and focused commitment to the business mission, vision and values of the company, with the flexibility required to effectively navigate a changing business environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to craft and deliver messages and presentations to the senior management team and employees
- Ability to function at a broad-based, strategic level while being capable of driving detailed, tactical execution. A high sense of urgency and a commitment to delivering results is essential
- Personal stature and maturity.
- Not overly concerned with status and comfortable with the ambiguity associated with a dynamic, changing environment